Textile engineering department was established at Isfahan University of technology (IUT) in 1984.
This department is dedicated to advancement of textile technology, color science, fiber science & chemistry, polymer processing, fiber engineering and innovative applications of textiles. The principle mission of the textile engineering department is training of specialist graduates at B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD levels.
The department offers B.Sc. program in the fields of textile technology, technical textiles, fiber science & textile chemistry and clothing engineering. At post graduate level the department offers M.Sc. and PhD program in textile technology and textile chemistry & fiber science.
- Nano-fibrous materials Porous materials
- Flat and hollow fiber membranes
- Biotechnology in textile
- Technical textiles
- Intelligent textiles
- Color science
- Textile dyeing, printing, and finishing
- Textile auxiliaries
- Fibrous filters and membranes
- Polymer processing
- Polymer Alloys and blends
- Fibrous composites
Honors and award
Outstanding researcher of the province, 2005, 2008
Local Textile Industries
Textile Engineering Department Scientific Association
The Textile Engineering Department Scientific Association is one of the most active scientific associations in IUT and is honored in deferent festivals such as “Harekat” festival.
This association fields of activity are as follows:
- Making connection between university and industries
- Familiarize students, especially new students with different scientific and industrial aspects of textile engineering
- Organizing scientific classes and visits
- Publishing Diba Scientific magazine about textile industry economic situation in Iran and the world and textile engineering improvement
- Organizing seminars and conferences about textile engineering at the university
- Holding national and international contests
- Organizing various programs in the University for increasing motivation and hilarity among students
This department offers two B.Sc. programs in Textile Chemistry and Fiber Science and Textile Technology with the aim of providing the textile industry with skilled engineers. Other major activities of the department consists of carrying out research in the different fields of Textile industry in order to assist the development and practical application of science and technology according to the requirements of industry and commerce.
- Textile chemistry and Fiber Science
- Textile Technology
These courses are designed to be taken over a period of four years. In the first year, the basic sciences such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and materials science are offered to both groups. The other subjects offered to the Textile Chemistry and Fiber Science group consist of polymer chemistry, fiber structure, fiber physics, dyeing and finishing of textiles.
The Textile Technology consists of electronics, structural mechanics, fiber physics, yarn and fabric formation.
The degree of Bachelor of Science is awarded to the students who have passed 140 credits with a minimum average of 12 out of 20.
The department provides opportunities for well-qualified B.Sc. graduates to engage in advanced studies and research. Candidates are required to complete a course totaling 32 credits. The degree of M.Sc. is awarded after the completion of the formal course work and a thesis. The minimum average required is 14 out of 20. The thesis carries 9 credits.
You can download the curriculum of graduate program in Textile Engineering from here and the course description from here.
Department of Textile Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology (IUT).
Tel: +98-31- 33912425-41, Fax: +98-31-33912444