Industrial engineering is one of the fastest-growing areas of engineering. It is challenging, rewarding, and full of opportunities.
Industrial Engineers (IEs) deal with systems. They can design, implement or improve integrated systems comprised of people, materials, information or energy. IEs can develop better ways of doing almost anything in various fields of engineering.
Industrial engineers get jobs as production engineers, supply chain managers, operations analysts, quality engineers and information system specialists. They may work in any business environment, company, governmental agencies, or service-oriented enterprise that aims to improve operations and reduce costs.
The department is to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate education and research opportunities for students. The program continuously improves its educational process to help students gain higher levels of engineering education and make professional contribution to the social life.
Department offers B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering, M.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering and System Planning and also PhD degree in Industrial Engineering.
The numerous natural resources in Iran and particularly the variety of manufacturing organizations in Isfahan region led to the establishment of an Industrial Engineering department in 1981. The aim was to meet the growing need for production planning and management. It was in this department that, for the first time in Iran, a graduate program in systems planning was offered. The program aimed training analysts capable of identifying and solving problems of manufacturing management. The department has usually sought solutions to problems of industry through quantitative approaches. Part of the approach entails the development of mathematical models for under study problems to be ultimately solved by computer.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Modeling and Analysis of Production and Manufacturing, Modeling and Analysis of Probabilistic Systems (Air Traffic Scheduling), Optimization, Quality and Reliability Engineering, Transportation Systems, Enterprise Systems, Management and Decision Analysis, and Modeling and Analysis of Service Systems are some of the research fields in this department.
• IE department has several major industrial partners including:
• Mobarakeh Steel Complex
• Isfahan Steel Industries
• Isfahan Municipality
The undergraduate program is designed to develop the technical skills and intellectual disciplines needed by our graduates to become leaders in industrial engineering and related professions. Students entering the department are encouraged to consider the wide range of possibilities open to them. To this end, the first and second years of the four-year undergraduate program include approximately 40 credits that expose students to a cross-fertilization of ideas from different disciplines at the university.
The sequence of study proceeds from an engagement with engineering and scientific fundamentals, along with humanities and social sciences, toward an increasingly focused training in the third and fourth years designed to give students mastery of certain principles and arts central to different aspects of industrial engineering. This sequence leads to four different undergraduate concentrations including management & production planning, planning & systems analysis, industrial automation, and quality management & productivity.
Undergraduate students must take 20 credits from general courses, 28 credits from basic courses, 70 credits from compulsory courses and 22 credits from elective courses (total 140 credits) to achieve a B.Sc. in industrial Engineering.
You can downoad the curridulum for undergraduate program from here and the course description from here.
This department offers graduate programs in MSc and PhD level. You can download a list of Graduate Courses from here.
- MSc Progrmas: The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering offers three Master degrees to meet the diverse interests of students seeking to continue their education. These options include: Master of Science in industrial engineering, Master of Science in systems engineering, and Master of Science in systems planning. The department also offers PhD degree in industrial engineering.
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering: The Master of Science degree in industrial engineering allows students to customize their course work while working closely with the faculty, in a contemporary, applied research area. Graduate students must take up to 15 credits from general course and 12 credits from core courses, 12 credits from elective courses, seminar (2 credits) and thesis (6 credits), totally 30 credits to obtain M.Sc. degree. For those students whose background is Industrial Engineering no general courses are required.
- Master of Science in Systems Engineering: The Master of Science in systems engineering allows graduate students to align their course work with their professional goals. This program provides applied degrees that allow students gain breadth across several different areas or focus on one area.
- Master of Science in Systems Planning: Master of Science in systems planning provides the students with systems concepts, principles and methods for developing abilities to understand the nature of systems problems, as well as proficiency in actual systems problem solving.
- PhD Programs: The Department offers PhD degree in Industrial Engineering for students with a background in engineering and/or related sciences. Course work requirements depend on the student’s background, and are established by the department and the Graduate Advisor.
Department of Industrial Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology (IUT).
Tel: +98-31- 33912550-1, Fax: +98-31-33915516