IUT has one of the leading Departments of Materials Engineering in Iran with research activities ranging from the production and processing of materials through studies of their mechanical, physical and structural properties.
The Department offers graduate and undergraduate programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Materials Engineering, the degree of Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Selection of Materials, Extractive Metallurgy, Casting, Welding and Corrosion and the degree of PhD in Materials Engineering, Nano-Materials and Biomaterials. Over 580 students are currently studying in the department.
The Department of Materials Engineering has over 20 educational and research laboratories equipped with modern tools and facilities. More than 50 people work within the Department of Materials Engineering as academic staff, technical staff and administrative staff.
The Department has initiated number of national institutes including Society of Surface, Science and Technology, Iron and Steel Society, Center of Excellence for Steel and also some research groups which are based in the Department.
Research within the Department of Materials Engineering is broadly categorized into the following areas:
- Advanced Materials
- Materials processing
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Thermo-mechanical Treatment
- High Temperature Materials
- Surface Engineering and Tribology
- Solidification and casting of metals
- Nano-materials and metallic glasses
- Computer modelling and simulation
The Department of Materials Engineering is in close collaborations with different sectors including Oil and Gas, Automotive, Petro-Chemical, Steel and Aluminum Industries. A number of this department industrial partners are as follows:
- Isfahan’s Mobarakeh steel company
- SA Iran electro optic industrial Co.
- Aerospace industry organization – Shahid Varamini industries
- Marine industry organization driving forces design office
- Isfahan steel company
- Isfahan alloy steel company
- Azarshin Co.
- Sepahan Nafis Silicate Co.
- Metallic materials localization industry
- Isfahan Science and Technology Town
The Department is actively engaged globally by having collaboration with a number of universities from Canada, East Asia, Germany, United States and United Kingdom.
Honors and awards
- Four Professors of the Material Engineering Department were between top one percent of the world’s scientists and scientific elites in 2014, including:
- Dr. Abbas Najafizadeh
- Dr. Mohammad Hossein Fathi
- Dr. Mohammad Reza Toroghinezhad
- Dr. Dr Mohammad Hossein Enayati
- Dr. Mohammad Reza Toroghinezhad has been selected as a Top Researcher at the Isfahan Provience
- Achieving the First and Second Places at the 10th Heat Treatment Competitions in 2013
- Achieving the Third Place at the 11th Heat Treatment Competitions in 2014
- Achieving the First Place at the Ironic and Non-Ironic Sections of the 12th Heat Treatment Competitions in 2015
Undergraduate students must take 20 credits in general courses, 31 credits in basic courses, 84 credits in compulsory courses and 5 credits in elective courses (total 140 credits) for B.Sc. degree.
- MSc Program: Please download the list of courses for MSc program in materials engineering from here.
- PhD Programs: Please download the list of courses for PhD program in materials engineering from here.
Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology (IUT).
Website: http://materials.iut.ac.ir/en Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +98-31- 33912750-51, Fax: +98-31-33912752